Rivers Alliance of Connecticut and this website may collect information from visitors in two ways, for two reasons:
2) Maintaining an opt-in email mailing list, known as the “Rivers Alliance Newsletter”. Our email list is opt-in only and is used to inform subscribers about news, local events, and local issues that we feel may be of interest to subscribers. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time. For additional information, see Email Mailing List section below.
Personal information that Rivers Alliance of Connecticut may collect online
Rivers Alliance of Connecticut may collect the following types of personal information: names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone, IP (internet protocol) numbers, and any necessary contact information. Rivers Alliance of Connecticut may also collect information provided by users within the process of registering for an event, along with specific questions are occasionally asked within the registration form, in addition to the aforementioned personal information items.
Rivers Alliance of Connecticut does not collect or maintain information from those individuals known to be under the age of 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
We will never (and will not grant permission to any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Your choices about the collection & use of your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. Mechanisms available to provide you with control over your information include the following:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You may set your web browser to restrict or to entirely block cookies, to configure cookie notification settings and/or to delete cookies already present on the browser or device. Information on how to do this should be provided in the web browser’s help/reference section. Visitors who block cookies may be able to access a website but may not be able to use part of the content, applications, and services available on that site. Limiting or restricting certain types of cookies may also prevent a visitor or user from accessing certain portions of the website, depending on how the browser settings are configured.
- You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://policies.google.com/privacy, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- You may opt-out of other ad-targeting programs by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool for Web at https://optout.aboutads.info.
- You may also opt-out of this type of advertising by adjusting your Browser Controls. Most modern web browsers contain extensive controls that give you the ability, among other things, to block or limit cookies. Start with these sites to learn more about your browser’s privacy controls:
- Additionally, Firefox and Chrome have extensive repositories of add-ons that can help enhance your control over your privacy:
- Email newsletters from Rivers Alliance of Connecticut. The Rivers Alliance of Connecticut email list(s) is opt-in only. However, if you no longer wish for Rivers Alliance of Connecticut to use your email address to send you messages, you can (i) opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which your data is collected (or, in some cases, by choosing not to opt-in), (ii) opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of every newsletter email we send, or (iii) opt-out at any other time by sending an email stating your request to email@example.com. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably possible. Please also note that if you, as a website visitor, opt-out of receiving news-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages pertaining to your profile.
Contact & communication
Users contacting this website and/or it’s owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time at which it is no longer required or has no use. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process, but those using such form to email processes do so at their own risk.
This website and it’s owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about events and offers, or to assist you in answering any questions you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to our email mailing list, but only if this was made clear to you and your expressed permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Your details are not shared with any third parties.
Email mailing list
This website operates an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about news, issues, and events promoted by Rivers Alliance of Connecticut and/or this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely. No personal details are passed on to third. You may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact using the information provided at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity, and other similar information. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
Rivers Alliance of Connecticut currently uses Constant Contact, an email address management and message sending service. It is our understanding that Constant Contact will not, under any circumstances, sell its lists, contact or market to list subscribers, or share its lists with any other party, unless required to do so by law. You can learn more about Constant Contact’s Privacy Policies.
Although this website seeks to include only quality, safe and relevant external links, users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links provided on this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Rivers Alliance of Connecticut is not responsible for republished content from this website on other without our permission.
Changes to this policy
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information you’ve submitted on this website, please use our Contact Form to reach us. You may also contact us by postal mail at:
Rivers Alliance of CT
P.O. Box 1797
7 West St.
Litchfield, CT 06759-1797